Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WOWEE Wednesday Guest Designer

This week we are welcoming back
Karen Hanson!

Karen's new card features Doctor Autry.  Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive such a cute get well card?  Karen matched the colors on her image perfectly with the patterned papers she used and the end results are perfectly coordinated, just like a set.  Karen has fantastic coloring and she brought this image to life.  We are so happy to have her join us again.  Here is what Karen has to say:

Hey everyone, It's Karen from Scrappycanuck Studios, back for my second guest designer post here at A Random fan.  

My two little gals love a character from Disney called Doc McStuffins.  In fact, one of them worked really hard for over a month being a special helper so she could earn her own doctor kit just like Doc.  Not only is this image a perfect way to celebrate this time in her life, but I also love that this cutie is wearing glasses, just like my cutie!  I think this is the perfect image for a "get well" soon card, or even on a layout about a favourite stuffie or toy!

This image was coloured with Copic markers, and the card base was dolled up (no pun intended) with Doodlebug paper.  Once again, I used some of the chevron ribbon from May Arts for some texture and dimension on the card.  I love the deep, rich colours on this project!  It`s bright and fun, and oh so girlie!  I may not be "girlie" myself, but I love cards and projects that celebrate all the bright and fun parts of being a kid!





4 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! Perfect papers and colors and darling image!! I love the story of your girls and Doc McStuffins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharla! Working on projects that remind me of my girls always makes them that much more special to me! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  2. Karen. I am not well. Could you please send this card to me. Just kidding. :)
    This card is amazing. Congrats on being a Guest Designer. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula - your comment made me chuckle! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete