Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WOWEE Wednesday Guest Designer!

This Wednesday we are welcoming

Karen is a very talented artist, her work is always gorgeous.  The color choices and patterned papers Karen used really make her image pop right out at you.  Speaking of coloring, Karen's coloring is beautiful, another of her many talents.  We are very excited to introduce you to Karen and share with you her creation for A Random Fan.  The digi used today is A Little Ballernia

Hello everyone!  My name is Karen Hanson, and I am from ScrappyCanuck Studios.  I am so excited and honoured to be joining A Random Fan as a guest designer for February!

First and foremost, I am a mom of two adorable little girls and wife to an equally cute (and creative, I might add) hubby!  I originally started my crafting blog as a way of keeping myself "honest" about my crafting!  I received a Cricut as a Mother's Day gift, and wanted to make sure that I actually used it.  I was hoping my online scrapping friends could help encourage me to "keep on crafting, just keep crafting!"  Things grew from there, as did my scrapping and crafting!  Now, my blog has become a place for me to share lessons I've learned and techniques and products I  love, as well as projects that I create!  Hopefully you can find some time to pop by and say hello!
I love choosing stamps for cards that remind me of the special people in my life.  Even if the card isn't for that person, it is fun to have someone in mind as I colour and craft.  So, when I saw this darling ballerina image from A Random Fan, I knew that she needed to make an appearance on one of my cards this month.  

This image was coloured up with Copics.  My favourite pinks are the R81, R83, R85 trio, although there are some hints of some warmer pinks like R20 in there too!  The paper is from a DCWV matt stack, and that cute ribbon is one of my favourites from May Arts.  I love combining different kinds of pinks together - deep, like, warm and cool.  I think it gives a really playful look to a card or project. 











8 comments:

  1. Your coloring is amazing, love the image and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the pinks and her rosy cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card! The whole card is put together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  4. Amazing. I love everything about this card. Colouring is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paula- the colouring was the best part of making this card! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete